Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS/ideas please folks!

Hi all,
    Tied searching but not having much luck on how you actually do this…
    How do you adjust the Idle on the truck? I know it has to do with the timing in conjunction with the TPS but it was running fine up till a couple of weeks ago then when idling it runs at about 500 when I think it should be about 700?
    The idle up works fine but I wondered if it was easy to adjust the TPS, as all I can find is diagnostics for it. Also I am getting some new headlight bulbs and was wondering which ones to get without having to change the loom. (All specs in a different language over here and RoughTrax don’t ship & milners can send but post takes ages)
    Lastly is anyone still doing coil spacers?
    As always thanks in advance folks
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Have a look over on the Oz site. There is an active thread in one of the sections regarding this, I believe.

Comment

Thanks will try, having some probs getting to the site from the work PC tho...

Comment

The easiest way is to adjust the throttle cable.

Comment

This is for the 2L-TE but may be similar.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=14958

The 3Ltr adjustment and testing may be in the 1KZ-TE manual which you can download.

Nev

Comment

cheers Nev will have a look.
            Eventually got to the Aussie site & got a bit confused about voltages etc etc... seems like a lot of folk seem to think just leave it alone and it has to do more with all the rest of the engine 'terms of reference:- intake butterflies, egr state, air in pump, pump wear, cold engine, fuel dilution, swirl chamber, carbon deposits, internal engine condensation, cold blow by oil in intake
            there are a few possible contributing factors'
            .... it a bit past my understanding truth be told!.
            I have checked the throttle cable also & the pedal has play of about a cm or so but it still seems to open the throttle fully (i.e goes all the way around).
            Going to have a look at Nev's link this avo & will get back if i'm still lost!

Comment

change the air filter/fuel filter
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
              X