coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant

hi been checking the surf and found that the coolant level is near the low marker on the expansion tank, that was when the engine was cold,when should i check the level when its hot or cold???.also should i fill it via the cap for the rad or should i fill the expan tank???

also i beleave that the jack is under the rear seats is that correct if so how do i get the rear seats up??

cheers all!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Coolant level in the expansion bottle should be less than half way full and though it will be a bit higher when it's hot it wont vary a lot. It's not supposed to be full.

To tip up the rear seat you feel around in the gap between the seat base and the back and you will find a loop of nylon tape around the middle of each seat. Pull this and the seat base will release.

Comment

Originally posted by slim
      hi been checking the surf and found that the coolant level is near the low marker on the expansion tank, that was when the engine was cold,when should i check the level when its hot or cold???.also should i fill it via the cap for the rad or should i fill the expan tank???

also i beleave that the jack is under the rear seats is that correct if so how do i get the rear seats up??

cheers all!

you should only fill the system via the rad cap, not the expansion tank. Check when stone cold and fill to you cant put no more in and replace the cap.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X