Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial

Hello,

I was going to have a go at changing the aerial on my truck on the weekend, but couldn't get the inner wing off. I undid all the bolts that seemed to be holding it on, but I think the wheel arch extension is rivetted through it - is that likely, or does it just pull out from under it?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Paul

If the aeriel motor still runs you only have to change the telescopic mast. Undo the locking ring on the top, get somebody to switch on the ignition and guide the broken stub out. Position the new mast in place and get somebody to switch the ignition off and it will draw the toothed strip in. Do up the locking ring and it is ready to go.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I'm fairly certain somebody's replaced mine at some point in history with a non-electric one and it seems to be knackered, as I can't pick up any radio with it There's also some rust around the aerial hole which i want to sand back, treat and touch up, so I really need to get the old one out...

Cheers anyway,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by N_WOF View Post
        Hello,

I was going to have a go at changing the aerial on my truck on the weekend, but couldn't get the inner wing off. I undid all the bolts that seemed to be holding it on, but I think the wheel arch extension is rivetted through it - is that likely, or does it just pull out from under it?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Paul
        I found about 3 pop rivets holding my inner wing on when fitting my snorkel. Just look carefully and you should find them.

Comment

just did the same job a few weeks back. theres some retaining screws behind the corner light,and you also need to remove the repeater, screws under the arch guard. not too difficult.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Thanks for that - I'll have another go on the weekend in that case...

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X