Computer No Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer No Sound

I’m hopping one of the computers Guru’s can help. There is no sound from my computer the volume control is indicating there should be sound on the task bar, if you put CD in the disk drive there is still no sound even if you plug in head phones into the front of the drive.

Now I have just had wireless card for broadband fitted by PC world so I have had a look inside to make sure none of the cables were dislodged. I always thought that there was supposed to be a cable from the CD/DVD drive not the data or power cable but a third cable that goes to the mother board from the disc drive well if there is, its missing so without sounding to dumb is that my problem or do you not need that cable, it’s a bog standard Packard Bell (desk top)about three years old.

PS
    Happy New Year

start with the simple things, check the speakers are definately plugged in the right socket first.

2nd check the audio properties tab and make sure the right playback device is selected. Right click the speaker icon in the taskbar, click adjust audio properties, click the audio tab, and playback device should be at the top of the tab, if there's more than one option, try selecting a different one to what was selected before and see if that works.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Fixed, there was no sound scheme selected !!
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X