Up she goes…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up she goes…..

It is another suspension lift question but please bare with me as it does cover some new ground I think…

I have a KZN130 ‘95 model with a 1kzte engine, its tail is dragging on the ground some what so I planed to renovate the suspension, I assumed it is worth doing a lift at the same time.

I Live in Africa and drive off road most days to get places so the off road performance is more important than the looks so I had settled on a moderate lift, I will also struggle to get parts but do have access to a lathe and milling machine.

From reading your very helpful forum I came to the conclusion that:

- A three inch Land cruiser springs and shocks re fit at the back, I can order these parts locally (anyone any advice on parts numbers?)

with a bracket for the Pan rod and Brake balance valve, I will make these up my self, (any one a got a pattern or drawing of these that I can use to Fab up the brackets?)

- a set of Ball joint spacers (Again Home made, drawings/ dims would be great) and new longer front shocks ( Again any part numbers would help)

May be my best option for improved clearance and wheel articulation.

Any help with parts numbers or drawings \ patterns for making up the parts would be great help and much appreciated

Any watch its and warnings would be appreciated too, I have fitted Freewheel hubs already and as I understand a Ball joint spacer should not adversely effect the CV angle, is this the case?

I have read all your posts on the fitting of the parts and look forward to the skinned knuckles and WD40 fumes associated with the rebuild

Many thanks

Matt
Working...
X