Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Starting - very frustrated

Hi,

After being very pleased that I fitted the speedo and fog light with out any apparent problems my Surf now won't start.

The engine turns over but won't fire- no fuel geeting in...

I have just had the RAC around and they got as far as - no power to the fuel cut off solenoid.

As I have just picked it and it was running fine is now ready for its MOT I am not a happy bunny.

Would it have anything to do with the Starbo tubo timer that doesn't work or power on - there again I'm not sure if it did anyway...

Any suggestion on where I can look... what to do...

Phil
    Hoops

The difference between stupidity and genius.... is that genius has its limits!!

Originally posted by hoops
    Hi,

After being very pleased that I fitted the speedo and fog light with out any apparent problems my Surf now won't start.

The engine turns over but won't fire- no fuel geeting in...

I have just had the RAC around and they got as far as - no power to the fuel cut off solenoid.

As I have just picked it and it was running fine is now ready for its MOT I am not a happy bunny.

Would it have anything to do with the Starbo tubo timer that doesn't work or power on - there again I'm not sure if it did anyway...

Any suggestion on where I can look... what to do...

Phil
    Phil ,

A loss of power from that item sounds like a break in the power feed ie immobiliser , alarm .
    If not check all fuses .
    How did you wire in fog lamp , may be causing a short ?
    Dash out may have disturbed something .
    As for Turbo timers , I have no idea , sorry

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers Rick.

I have checked all the fuses in all the obvious places - all ok.

The fog is wired off the battery and from the side light feed cable exactly like it says on the wiring diagram... was easiest as couldn't find cables under the dash - but before that ....

which could be where i went wrong - i did try to tap into the turbo timer power - as it fed the ignition... oh hell!!

there is no alarm - that i know of - just the turbo timer which is the unknown.

The 30a AM2 fuse had blown but as this was corroded think it happened a long time ago - what does it do anyway?

Thanks

Phil
      Hoops

Comment

Here is the drawing if you want to trace the wires.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...torpreheat.jpg
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

According to the circuit diag in front of me the AM2 fuse feeds the fuel cut off solenoid as well as other stuff to do with fuel. You say you have checked the obvious fuses, but have you checked the fuse box in the drivers side footwell kick panel. It's easy to miss - I know, I've done it - and there is a fuse in there (top middle, 7.5A) which is also involved.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Thanks Guys.

I used that circuit diagram to find the cables but didn't have much success under the dash - which I why I ended up going in under the bonnet.

The AM2 fuse - sounds like that could be the problem - I guess the corrosion may not mean anything then - do you know if that is readily available from Toyota - if not where else?

I have checked the kick panel and they are all fine.

Cheers

Phil
            Hoops

Comment

Working...
            X