First cold start problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First cold start problems

Hi folks had my surf for 3.5 years now and never had a problem yet.Until now!!!Changed glow plugs,replaced both batteries with new ones,checked all connections and i cannot get it to start "normally" in the morning first thing.I know this sounds strange but if i boil the kettle and tip the hot water over the glow plugs it starts first time then after that its starts first time all day until the following dreaded morning.Listened to the click on glow plug relay and its there straight away but dont seem to here one after 6-8 seconds.Please can anyone shine some light on it.Many thanks in advance

My G plugs take about 20-30 sec to heat/click then turn the key all the way and starts immed, is it not your starter clicking and if so you need to refurb it as the contacts are worn. H

Comment

Thanks Hazzo for the reply will try that 1 in the morning.This morning it started no problem.The starter is ok because its cranking the engine round without a problem.It just dont wanna fire up when its cold.Will post my results tomorrow

Comment

This may help ...
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=900
        or check the Buzz bar is fitted correctly ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya won't ever see it Comin tho !!!!
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 31 October 2008, 21:10.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Check the 80amp fuse on the glow plugs. I changed my glow plugs and the fuse kept blowing, I suspect the glow plugs were using more power than the originals. There is also an inline fusible link built into the wire, so check you are actually getting power to the glow plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsDigital View Post
            Check the 80amp fuse on the glow plugs. I changed my glow plugs and the fuse kept blowing, I suspect the glow plugs were using more power than the originals.
            Or you didn't put the bus bar insulators on correctly?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
            X