Air Flow Meter compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Flow Meter compatability

Hi... I have a 3.0L V6 LPG converted '92 SSRG and I have a couple of questions. I need to replace the air flow meter as mine is damaged due to backfiring. Are these parts compatible bewtween all Surfs, or do I need to get a specific one for the 3.0L V6? My engine management light is on as well and apparently it's a temp sensor fault. Will this be the the sensor at the front by the radiator or the other one? I get a very strange reading on the temp guage: it's very jerky sometimes and when you take your foot off the throttle, it goes completely back to cold for a second or two. Needless to say these two problems are causing a few problems with my fuel economy at the mo! Thanks in anticipation.....

Dont know about the temp sensor but I can tell you that the air flow is a right problem!!!
    You need the same one, and they are very hard to get hold of, I had a back fire on my lpg and it trashed my MAF so spent ages finding a replacement, in the end a guy in holland had a spare so i got his. but they are like rocking horse poo. your best bet is to try a couple of breakers but as they were never that popular a car in the uk you might struggle. The best places to find second hand spares for the v6 is the US or NZ. try yotatech.com you should be able to find one on there.
    Good luck and dont worry about poor fuel economy thats standard with the v6!!! mine has not worked well on lpg for about 4 months now!!!
    Its a good thing petrol is sooo cheap again, I just use that!

Comment

Problem is it's running fine on LPG just not on petrol. It'll only go to about 2000 RPM then runs out of steam! I wouldn't mind but I don't really like driving around without the backup of petrol, if I run out of gas I'm properly stuck! Anyway, thanks for the response I shall give yotatech a go.

Comment

wow, if we combined your truck and mine we would both be sorted! yours works on lpg and mine on petrol.
        Again yotatech will be the best place to solve your problems as just about every surf on there (within our age bracket) is a v6.

good luck.

Oh and where did you get your lpg kit from?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X