Bonnet lock stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet lock stuck

Hi, read through all the threads I could find but no answer. Today I pulled the bonnet lever and ... nothing. It seems the thing that holds the cable connected to the lock came loose and out while driving.

So, How do I go about opening the bonnet without the cable in lock?

Could anyone, at least post a picture of the lock and where the cable goes in so I have a slight idea of where to start? SSRX '92, 2.4 EFI TD chassis.
    Never thought of paying attention to what it was like and don't have a clue.

Thanks a lot - 'preciateit
    Surf On!

solved!

It turned out to be a different problem than a snapped cable tip, which I thought it would be.

And since there was no thread with this problem I thought to say how I got it done.

The lock itself is made so you can't just stick a screwdriver in it to release. That's the bad news.

The good news is that you can unscrew both indicators off (they slide forward, just in case you're about to break the latches) and then with great care the front grill should come off - you'll need a flat tip screwdriver to undo all the little plastic bits that hold it on - and gently! take it out. It's fairly elastic and can bend into submission for what you need it to do.

Then the lock has 3x 10mil tip bolts facing you (phew!) which you can undo and you'll figure from there where to stick the screwdriver to release. All in the context of the lock is what I mean

Should take you 15 min max if you've removed the rad gill before.
    Surf On!

Comment

Working...
    X