Temperature Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Gauge

I was wondering if someone could give me advice. I have noticed recently that the temperature gauge swings intermittently between 1/2 way and cold (not always).

The coolant levels seem fine and the radiator is full under checking so, is this just the thermostat opening and shutting and hence water going round the system or is there a fault with the thermostat, the sensor etc..?

Where can I check (would appreciate piccies)..I've very little experience on tinkering on cars (awaiting manuals from Amazon for guidance). The most i've done is change the brake shoes.

Thanks all..
    Gaz

Originally posted by Gizmo
    I was wondering if someone could give me advice. I have noticed recently that the temperature gauge swings intermittently between 1/2 way and cold (not always).

The coolant levels seem fine and the radiator is full under checking so, is this just the thermostat opening and shutting and hence water going round the system or is there a fault with the thermostat, the sensor etc..?

Where can I check (would appreciate piccies)..I've very little experience on tinkering on cars (awaiting manuals from Amazon for guidance). The most i've done is change the brake shoes.

Thanks all..
    heres the temp sensor
    Attached Files
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I have exactly the same problem,and think that it's the temp gauge,because if I tap the dash the thing works sometimes.

The temp sender is in the block just above the starter motor if you need to find it.

Comment

Cheers..much appreciated
        Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          heres the temp sensor
          Ian

Not on the 3.0ltr,it's down near the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            Ian

Not on the 3.0ltr,it's down near the starter.
            sorry didnt read that bit i'll stick to the pop quiz
            Last edited by gemini; 19 April 2004, 19:03.
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Well I'm a happy bunny...diagnosed that the fault was the temp sensor and changed whilst in work today...looks like the sender is on the right hand side of the block as you stand in front of the car.
              Gaz

Comment

Gaz

Do you have the part number for the sender.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  Gaz

Do you have the part number for the sender.

Sorry Andy..I was too busy with work and seeing I had RAC Warranty cover when the vehicle was bought, I couldn't be bothered chasing up the part and doing the work and ended up shoving it into the garage who got the part from Toyota after a mix up so that I can claim the cost back (cost approx £40).
                  Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                    Sorry Andy..I was too busy with work and seeing I had RAC Warranty cover when the vehicle was bought, I couldn't be bothered chasing up the part and doing the work and ended up shoving it into the garage who got the part from Toyota after a mix up so that I can claim the cost back (cost approx £40).
                    Cheers Gaz

Hope it's working ok now.

Comment

Working...
                    X