Torsion arms ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torsion arms ??

Hi, does any one know if you tighten the bolts at the chassis end of the torsion arm to full tightness once you have replaced them with the uprated ones ? Mark.

You adjust them as much as required to level your front end up, no more.

Comment

I have uprated Ironman bars..they are wound up 2" which isnt much on the adjuster.

Being uprated the tighter you wind they get significantly stiffer, this is quite crashy i find over bumps and stuff. Waiting for my uprated dampers (i think my current ones are worn out), I'll update you when they're on.

Comment

Torsion bars do not change in rating as you wind up the adjuster. You are simply altering the suspension height. Uprated bars such as the Ironman will always be too stiff unless you have a lot of weight on the front such a steel bull bar and a winch. The original Surf torsion bars are what most go back to after trying uprated torsion bars.

Nev

Comment

I can understand that. However i had standard bars wound up about as tight as they would go. They were equally as 'crashy' as the uprated ones i have on now which are not wound very tight at all..i put it down to worn dampers at the mo & as i said i will update whwn i get the es9's on

Comment

Check to make sure you still have some movement in your front suspension. I wound my bars up 1.5" and they were nearly hitting the bumpstops (the one near the upper arm) If I'd wound them up 2" my truck would have had no extension on the front. With approx 1/2" gap to the bumpstop the ride quality was horrible, and I wound it back to standard. I have a pair of 1" BJ spacers to go in so I can wind it up again and have some ride quality.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
            X