low fuel warning light - have i got one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low fuel warning light - have i got one

ive been running the tank low to see what sort of mileage im getting, and have been getting pretty low, have not had any warning light come up,, is there one. ??

there is one but some do not work, only real way to tell is run it dry and your find out for sure

Comment

only had mine light up once, guage on empty and either up an incline or down, (cant remember), dont know how much juice was left though really but probably enough for twenty miles or so when it lights up so no worrys. H

Comment

if it is like mine it is a rectangle by the empty end of the gauge and apears to be on a rheostat? gets brighter as you have more likelyhood of running out, nose up is brighter on mine and about 15 miles when lit - however if I go uphill when it is that low I have starved the motor to standstill!!!!!!!! carry a can if you intend to test it and make sure you know how to manualy pump on the filter and even bleed the injectors
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

low fuel

Ratfires is spot-on. Uphill = bright light, downhill = dims or out if not too low.
          I've run-out a couple of times. 20 or so miles I reckon. No big panic if you have a can as the system will bleed without disconnecting anything (unlike some!)
          Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
            Ratfires is spot-on. Uphill = bright light, downhill = dims or out if not too low.
            I've run-out a couple of times. 20 or so miles I reckon. No big panic if you have a can as the system will bleed without disconnecting anything (unlike some!)
            'Kin-ell I got some thing right for a change....first time I been called Ratfires tho!
            I'm fat and I do Fires!
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
              if it is like mine it is a rectangle by the empty end of the gauge and apears to be on a rheostat? gets brighter as you have more likelyhood of running out, nose up is brighter on mine and about 15 miles when lit - however if I go uphill when it is that low I have starved the motor to standstill!!!!!!!! carry a can if you intend to test it and make sure you know how to manualy pump on the filter and even bleed the injectors
              Ah i see, my supra fuel light works the same, dim light at first. think ill get a can and see, i assume if i run out i prime it using the fuel filter thing in the engine bay, give it a pump till fuel comes through.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                Ah i see, my supra fuel light works the same, dim light at first. think ill get a can and see, i assume if i run out i prime it using the fuel filter thing in the engine bay, give it a pump till fuel comes through.
                worked for me......as did, going uphill, engine spluttered, uturn quick - fuel to engine again, uturn, over hill garage downhill from there...if anyone had been around they would have thought I was crazy, but it was typical devon weather - liquid sunshine
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                  'Kin-ell I got some thing right for a change....first time I been called Ratfires tho!

Comment

Me too actually

This very week I saw it for first time (after Three years ownership)

it was low, i knew that but waiting to join the road, and parked on a fierce incline facing upwards,
                    theres a vertical bar of orange light on the 'E' side of the gauge

Comment

Ask Drunkmonkeyboy he found out in rushhour traffic

Seriously though the gauges are so unreliable when nearly empty they are a joke.
                      My other cars a QUAD
                      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                      X