Is mine bigger......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is mine bigger......

My 3rd gen 3lt is returning between 520 & 550 kms per full tank which i dont think is too bad, now my mate has a 2nd gen 3lt & his is only returning 380-410 per tank both our odos go up in kilometres cos we checked. Is the 2nd gen a smaller tank???????
    If its not broke don't fix it.

3rd gen tank is 70 litres and 2nd gen tank is 65 litres. How heavy your right foot is can affect how much fuel used.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Still, 5 litres would not compensate for the 110ish kms that he is loosing out on, plus he does same sort of driving as me,motorway,town,offroad, and if im honest i would say hes runs sweeter than mine. "STRANGE"

Comment

how much more does it cost you to fill uop than him at the pump? that'll tell you if you actually are getting better economy (if anything you should be, aerodynamics, drivetrain etc were unlikely to have gone backwards on a newer model) or if you've just got a bigger tank.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

lots of thing affect fuel, right foot, tyres, terrain all sorts of things

Comment

Costs me £75 for 60ish litres from fuel light flickering, costs him £67 for 55ish litres so your right mines a 70 & his a 65, asuming there is still 10 litres in the tank, but still if you work it out for a fiver or so more fuel im putting in im still getting better milage.

gunna work it out now.

Comment

just worked it out, in total you're claiming an absolutely staggering difference...

...i'm amazed by this

... no, honest i really am finding it hard to believe...

... you're getting a phenomenal

.... no a momentus

.... a staggering 3.1 mpg over your mate! (sorry was that a bit over the top )
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Right then worked it all out, im getting 25mpg he is getting 23mpg so like you say,all the other factors to concider aswell plus he is on mud tyres & im on road tyres it probably evens out.

Comment

still, better than a kick in the teeth.

Comment

Working...
                  X