Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Anti roll bar questions

Hi folks
    Reading up on anti roll bars as I am breaking the rear ARB axle mounts every time I off road. Opinion seems to be that you can do without the ARB.
    Is this not needed for MOT?
    Has any one else articulated to the point where they have mashed the rear handbrake cable mount (and cable) where it crosses the top of the trailing arm?
    How do you replace this hand brake cable?
    Thanks
    QC

I have removed both ARB's (rear was broken off on RTTS last year) with no problem apart from more body roll - which is easily sorted by cornering a bit slower

Passed MOT with no problem at all (ARB wise anyway)
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I have used my vehicle on and off-road with and without the rear arb. I have just replaced it with new bushes. My opinion with rear arb removed- it`s defo not safe to drive if you have a full load and a bodylift like me. With bar removed, you will find you have to brake at every corner on say 50 mph bendy A-roads. This will use more fuel to re-accelerate and irritate the long line of cars behind you. In an emergency brake and swerve situation I reckon its easier to lose control and flip the surf. I do ,however, find it fine without passengers or load.

I have never broken a mount off-road so maybe your bolts are too tight and the bushes are squashed? Your best bet is "dis-connect links" which are aftermarket links which are the rods attached to the chassis and you manually dis-connect them when going off-road.