yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many ways are there to get a 4" lift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many ways are there to get a 4" lift??

im getting myself confused with ball joint spacers, spring spacers 2+ springs and torsion tweaking, body lift blocks??

if i put on some 2" body lift blocks then thats 2" lift straight away right? nice and simple yeah?
    then if i put on some +2 springs on the rear and tweak the fron torsion bars then thats another 2" lift right? totalling a 4" lift right? job done??

so why would one need spring spacers and ball joint spacers would that be adding to the 4" lift i allready have or are these needed to help balance things out ect??

and what about +2 shocks? i take it i must have them if i am to put on +2 springs right??

sorry for all the questions guys. some1 please put me out my missery!!
    thanks a lot.
    Jay.

You pretty much got it mate. For a new guy to it all your doing well!

2" body lift will lift it 2" ! you will notice how bad your suspension is after that!!!

Ball joint spacers lift the front an are better then winding the torsion bars.. but either one will lift the needed amount.

Spring spacers are a good thing if youve just forked out for a set of new springs etc.

But yeah they would add to the 4" lift. 4" depending on wheel offset should be enough to run 33x12.50 tyres!

Comment

before lift.....

after lift.....

the + 2inch springs didn't work that well so i put in coil spacers and ran +3 shocks

the front was just wound up torsion bars and a 2"body lift
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        You pretty much got it mate. For a new guy to it all your doing well!

2" body lift will lift it 2" ! you will notice how bad your suspension is after that!!!

Ball joint spacers lift the front an are better then winding the torsion bars.. but either one will lift the needed amount.

Spring spacers are a good thing if youve just forked out for a set of new springs etc.

But yeah they would add to the 4" lift. 4" depending on wheel offset should be enough to run 33x12.50 tyres!
        hello RodLeach.
        so if spring spacers will add to the "allready 4" lift i have" what problems will occur. and y r they good? also if i put spring spacers on what will i have to do in order to "re-raise" the front?
        i take it most people dont do this as to keep things simple? if i can lift more then great! lol

cheers again m8!

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          before lift.....

after lift.....

the + 2inch springs didn't work that well so i put in coil spacers and ran +3 shocks

the front was just wound up torsion bars and a 2"body lift
          howcome they didnt work so well m8?
          and can i run +3 shocks with +2 springs?? i take it i'll definately need the spring spacers if im going to run with +3 shocks then right?
          cheers m8.
          JAY.

Comment

+3 are easier to get hold of ......yes you can run them with a 2" lift . i had to cart some heavy lods about ad the +2 springs didno like that so added spacers rather than spending another ton on springs it gave a solid rear with a good lift
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              +3 are easier to get hold of ......yes you can run them with a 2" lift . i had to cart some heavy lods about ad the +2 springs didno like that so added spacers rather than spending another ton on springs it gave a solid rear with a good lift
              so i dont need to modify anything else then if i run them on a 2" lift?
              and u say it gave u a more solid rear, would this be ok for me as i dont tow or carry heavy loads (as i have a Transit 4 that) and it mainly lifting for the off-road sceene so i dont want to effect performance in that department.
              Ta. jay

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                hello RodLeach.
                so if spring spacers will add to the "allready 4" lift i have" what problems will occur. and y r they good? also if i put spring spacers on what will i have to do in order to "re-raise" the front?
                i take it most people dont do this as to keep things simple? if i can lift more then great! lol

cheers again m8!
                anybody?

Comment

i would go the landcruiser spring route with plus3" shocks and a 2" bodylift which gives 5" total lift.
                  If you put 1.5" balljoint spacers on the front then that will lift the front end 1.5" without touching the torsion bars,so you will have 3.5" on the front (1.5" b/j spacers & 2" bodylift). You can then crank up the torsion bars 1.5" to give the front end the 5" total lift.
                  I would then fit the extended braided brakelines from roughtrax for off road use and then also fit free wheeling hubs to save excessive wear on the front cv joints
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    i would go the landcruiser spring route with plus3" shocks and a 2" bodylift which gives 5" total lift.
                    If you put 1.5" balljoint spacers on the front then that will lift the front end 1.5" without touching the torsion bars,so you will have 3.5" on the front (1.5" b/j spacers & 2" bodylift). You can then crank up the torsion bars 1.5" to give the front end the 5" total lift.
                    I would then fit the extended braided brakelines from roughtrax for off road use and then also fit free wheeling hubs to save excessive wear on the front cv joints
                    THANK U VERY MUCH RICHARD!!

thats all the missing peices to my puzzle! thats how i thought it would work out but just needed conformation so thanks m8.

just 1 more question tho m8. why choose the landcruiser springs over aftermarket ones?? and are they +2 compared to surf springs?
                    and how hard is it to fit free wheeling hubs yourself as im now going to do all the work myself.
                    thanks again!

Comment

The lancruiser springs are +3" so you get that extra inch of lift and for about £60 ish delivered its cheap. You will need the HD J80 springs. The free wheeling hubs are a piece of cake to fit.15 mins a side

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        The lancruiser springs are +3" so you get that extra inch of lift and for about £60 ish delivered its cheap. You will need the HD J80 springs. The free wheeling hubs are a piece of cake to fit.15 mins a side
                        cheers for all that Richard.
                        is that £60 for New HD J80 springs or secondhand?
                        i was kinda hoping to get all new parts for my lift and to have some pretty colours under there in the way of springs and shocks so may opt for aftermarket springs as im a tart and what them in yellow! or can i just spray paint them? without them cracking or chipping over time?
                        and also (sorry to go on! lol) will a 5" lift be as simple as all this or will there be any hidden obstacles?? like steering colum, gear linkages and rad ect??
                        its a 3.0lt auto by the way.
                        cheers m8!

Comment

cheers for all that Richard.
                          is that £60 for New HD J80 springs or secondhand?
                          i was kinda hoping to get all new parts for my lift and to have some pretty colours under there in the way of springs and shocks so may opt for aftermarket springs as im a tart and what them in yellow! or can i just spray paint them? without them cracking or chipping over time?
                          and also (sorry to go on! lol) will a 5" lift be as simple as all this or will there be any hidden obstacles?? like steering colum, gear linkages and rad ect??
                          its a 3.0lt auto by the way.
                          cheers m8!
                          i got the 5" lift on mine.The l/c springs are new and light blue.You should be able to paint them a different colour if you wanted.
                          You should be ok with the radiator as the 3.0l don't normally get affected by the 2" bodylift.The hi/lo lever you may need to file a bit out the body if its hard to get into lo ratio.I would also file the hole in the bulkhead a bit where the steering column goes thru.You will need to slacken off the 3 bolts on the steering column to allow it to adjust on its own when the body is lifted.Also the fuel filler pipe will need to be slackened off to adjust itself also when the body is lifted.
                          You will probably want either an adjustable panhard rod or extend the panhard rod drop bracket,some don't bother with the panhard rod as it don't pull the axel to far out one side but i got the drop bracket done on mine.It may be a good idea to put a new steering damper on also as you will notice the difference by having a newone,(unless you already have got one fitted)

Comment

i appreciate u taking the time to reply to my endless questions Richard! ur a gent and a scholler!!!
                            1 more thing tho (lol) all these mods u mention such as adjusting the steering collum/fuel filler pipe/adjusting the panhard and adding a new steering dampener, will all these be nessecery if i oppted for the 4" lift?

Comment

i appreciate u taking the time to reply to my endless questions Richard! ur a gent and a scholler!!!
                              1 more thing tho (lol) all these mods u mention such as adjusting the steering collum/fuel filler pipe/adjusting the panhard and adding a new steering dampener, will all these be nessecery if i oppted for the 4" lift?
                              if it's just a 2" body and 2" suspension you should be able to get away with just slackening the bolts on the s/column and filler hose just to let them adjust if needed.
                              The panhard you can get away with not doing on a 2" suspension lift

Comment

Working...
                              X