yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air conditioning recharge - help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air conditioning recharge - help please!

I'm trying to find somewhere that can recharge the air con, but nobody will touch it because its an import.

Does anyone know if its actually possible to get it done, and if so, where?

I've been told that the gas in Jap cars was different from that in the UK, and also that the equipment they use cant be used on Jap aircon units....

Driving through Europe & Morocco and would really like to have it working.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Ciaron

what vehicle do you have, and what year? If its post 92 and using R134 anyone can do it, een yourself using the halford kit

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

It's a 1993 LN130 2.4TD.

So, I could possibly do it myself then?

What do I need to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaron View Post
        It's a 1993 LN130 2.4TD.

So, I could possibly do it myself then?

What do I need to do it?

It should have the correct L and H connections for use with R134a, if not then it will need changing along with all the gas cleaned out before they fit new connections and then regassed.
        Gaz

Comment

Well I was in Kwik-Fit getting tyres, so I asked them to regas it and the guy said he couldnt do it (he asked if it was an import), so I assume that it has the old R12 system, although I havent actually looked myself.

Dont think I can be bothered getting it converted if it is....

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaron View Post
            Well I was in Kwik-Fit getting tyres, so I asked them to regas it and the guy said he couldnt do it (he asked if it was an import), so I assume that it has the old R12 system, although I havent actually looked myself.

Dont think I can be bothered getting it converted if it is....
            Did he even bother looking?

Have a look yourself. If it's been converted to R134 then there will likely be a sticker near the aircon pump, or along the front slam panel. It may also have been adjusted to use R24 which is a direct replacement for R12.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

If its a 93 it more than likely is already 134. Your mistake was in going to Kwick fit. OOh its an import! cant touch it. Wakey wakey Mr Kwik fit, all cars in this country are imports aint they, were not making many here are we

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

hi,

have a look at these people; http://www.carairconditioningsupplie...home.php?cat=6

if you have a R12 system you can convert it. if it's R134a you can buy gas and do it yourself.

if you're in the position of wanting the AC to work but don't want to spend a fortune this may be the way to go.

Comment

just tried keik fit myself... the only reason there machinecant do it as they they do not list a surf or 4 runner i was told as the machine does all sorts of tests apparently

Tw*ts !

Comment

My last Q.F. visit was 10 years back to have brake pads done, their estimate for the job was around 300 quid after telling me the 500 quid car I had then needed discs too, I did the whole lot myself in a couple of hours for 56 quid, all parts from halfords, so ripped off anyway.

moral of the story= never trust a QF Fitter, they're all ripoff merchants. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                      My last Q.F. visit was 10 years back to have brake pads done, their estimate for the job was around 300 quid after telling me the 500 quid car I had then needed discs too, I did the whole lot myself in a couple of hours for 56 quid, all parts from halfords, so ripped off anyway.

moral of the story= never trust a QF Fitter, they're all ripoff merchants. H
                      YES INDEED THEY ARE, BUT SO ARE HALFORDS!!

WE CAN BEAT MOST OF THEIR PRICES

Comment

Working...
                      X