Exhaust Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Mod

After crunching it at Avon Dassett Tony decided to bend the exhaust to exit just behind the rear wheel arch.

Still needs a chrome end, but should be safe from damage for Yorkshire!!!

Attached Files
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Originally posted by Linda
    After crunching it at Avon Dassett Tony decided to bend the exhaust to exit just behind the rear wheel arch.

Still needs a chrome end, but should be safe from damage for Yorkshire!!!

Much better. Don't know why they designed them to be angled down so low in the first place - especially for an off roader!!

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

that looks really good, is that corner piece welded on, for those of us that can't weld can I just cut the squashed end bit off, I've heard people say it must end outside the vehicle, is that just for looks or is there a bigger reason as several newer diesels seem to have exhausts that end underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
        that looks really good, is that corner piece welded on, for those of us that can't weld can I just cut the squashed end bit off, I've heard people say it must end outside the vehicle, is that just for looks or is there a bigger reason as several newer diesels seem to have exhausts that end underneath.

It has to end outside the vehicle for the MOT etc. but for a short term fix to a squashed exhaust then I guess you could hack it off. Dunno how legal it is tho?

Its actually now in the same position it ended up in after we squashed it trying to reverse out of a tricky spot at Avon Dassett!!! Tony cut it bent it and rewelded it (I'll ask him to explain it properly tonight if you're interested.)

I know Koi had a similar mod done by an exhaust company (in Herts I think) back end of last year - if you do a search for exhaust posts in his name you should find the company details if you don't want to do the welding yourself!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          It has to end outside the vehicle for the MOT etc. but for a short term fix to a squashed exhaust then I guess you could hack it off. Dunno how legal it is tho?

Its actually now in the same position it ended up in after we squashed it trying to reverse out of a tricky spot at Avon Dassett!!! Tony cut it bent it and rewelded it (I'll ask him to explain it properly tonight if you're interested.)

I know Koi had a similar mod done by an exhaust company (in Herts I think) back end of last year - if you do a search for exhaust posts in his name you should find the company details if you don't want to do the welding yourself!

Ditto

Also did this tow point at the rear too if anyone is interested.
          i don't have a tow bar and found that the tow points were too high up and far back to be much use when your in the poo up to the bumper it's just made of some bits of angle iron a hook and some hefty bolts. works really well though, been yanked out by it a couple of times.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Greebo; 6 April 2004, 15:29.
          mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

It was bit of an 11th hour lash up, the old hanger needs cutting off still, and the welder ran out of gas so the welding is a bit rough. Why can't I buy gas at 11:30 at night?! Stupid country!

MK2 will be closer to the mud flap and up nearer to the bumper.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Here is my mod

3.0 V6 back box with resonator box cut off and tail pipe altered to exit behind wheel.
              Attached Files
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Mine is like Linda's when I chopped it off, it just covers the chrome in black s..te. Need to get a decent end pipe for it but haven't managed it yet.

Mine just sticks out past the bumper and it passed the MOT like it.

Rich.
                If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                  Mine is like Linda's when I chopped it off, it just covers the chrome in black s..te. Need to get a decent end pipe for it but haven't managed it yet.

Mine just sticks out past the bumper and it passed the MOT like it.

Rich.
                  that's bizzarre... i'm just about to get 2 twin DTMs sticking out the back and curving round the bumper!... might look crap... but i'm still young... and i reckon i could get a few chicken dumsticks in 'em!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X