MPH Speedo Template Inaccurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPH Speedo Template Inaccurate

Went and picked up my VZN185 at the weekend and very quickly realised that the speedo wasn't reading correctly. Its had a mph template fitted.

Hooked up the sat nav and checked the speed. It was 7/8mph out. And before you say it, no, its not the 10% calibration allowance. Its AT LEAST 7/8mph out across the entire dial - be it 20, 30 or 80mph...

Anyone else encountered this? Are there different conversion templates you can get?
    1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Come on. Has no-one ever checked the accuracy of their speedo? Surely someone else must have the same dial fitted...
    1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

What size tyres are you running?
      You could always remove the needle and re-position it.

Comment

Standard size tyres and wheels. Even with a big change in wheels and tyres on my Hilux pickup, it didn't throw the speedo up this much.

How risky is it moving the needle?
        1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

Originally posted by Nicely View Post
          Standard size tyres and wheels. Even with a big change in wheels and tyres on my Hilux pickup, it didn't throw the speedo up this much.

How risky is it moving the needle?
          Use a fork from the cuttlery drawer and slide the prongs under the needle at the spindle and gently lever the needle off.

Comment

Got to be worth a try Thanks, mate
            1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much, when my speedo reads 86mph the satnav is telling me 73mph.

The only accurate area is between 25 and 30 but still over reads by at least a couple mph.

Comment

Mine out by about 10% all the way up

The faster it shows the slower I'm going - at least I should get busted for speeding
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                X