KingSprings&MunroeShocksProble ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KingSprings&MunroeShocksProble ms

Living at Shimoni in Kenya we do a lot of mileage on bad lumpy roads. Don't talk to me about 'green laning'! 2 years ago I changed the suspension on our KZN185 Surf King springs and munroe shocks as recommended by Munroe in Mombasa. The front bushes collapsed after three months, the complete shocks replaced and now have done the same again. Now having repaired cracks which have developed up inside the front wings, we have to sort it out once and for all. Those in the know have suggested changing the springs back to standard toyota spec and rebush the shocks again and they should last. We just want a comfy safe ride when we're on long stretches of very bad roads Anyone out there got any other ideas?

I envy the offroading you get to do!

However, i'd go for the softest setup you can get. Rubber bushes rather than poly or nylon. In fact, rubber bushes everywhere! Long travel shocks and soft, longer springs.

I'd cut the bumpstops down a little too, just so you dont hit em as much jarring the wishbones and the occupants! Dont cut them down so much that the shocks bottom out though!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
    X