Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak

HI Guys
    Since reading Ive had some oil leaking from the front of my truck, maybe a coincidence... I ive cleaned the breather on the front diff out, but its still leaking and its getting worse.
    It smells really strong so i'm guessing its gearbox or diff oil....
    Any ideas what its likely to be...
    If you lie on your back under the truck and look up, its mostly collecting by the prop shaft - where it meets the flange for the front diff.
    Obviously because its hitting the prop shaft its flicking the oil everywhere, but I wondered if their was a "common" seal / gasket that goes around that area...
    Any one know?
    Cheers
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    HI Guys
    Since reading Ive had some oil leaking from the front of my truck, maybe a coincidence... I ive cleaned the breather on the front diff out, but its still leaking and its getting worse.
    It smells really strong so i'm guessing its gearbox or diff oil....
    Any ideas what its likely to be...
    If you lie on your back under the truck and look up, its mostly collecting by the prop shaft - where it meets the flange for the front diff.
    Obviously because its hitting the prop shaft its flicking the oil everywhere, but I wondered if their was a "common" seal / gasket that goes around that area...
    Any one know?
    Cheers
    worth checking the oil filter, make sure its tight before you go any further
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      worth checking the oil filter, make sure its tight before you go any further
      Well said Ian after my experience. 3 months it took me to find that on mine and only found it out when I came to do the service having ruined the tarmac on my drive.

Cheers

Comment

If its none of the above, or a split CV gaiter, it'll be the diff seal, you need to remove the drive shaft, pull the flange from the diff and renew the seal.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          If its none of the above, or a split CV gaiter, it'll be the diff seal, you need to remove the drive shaft, pull the flange from the diff and renew the seal.

Ok Guys thanks for all that, im gonna have a look under it properly tomorrow, so will check all of those things!!

Cheers Again
          CM
          2 Tone Mud Master!
          http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X