rear wiper blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wiper blade

Hi everyone, today i thought i'd change the rear wiper on my 2nd gen surf thinking it would be an easy job. Unfortunately it's now taken me nearly 5 hours to get nowhere. The Halfords blades have an adaptor that works but you can't fit the locater thingie back on it. They have an adaptor to go from a bayonet fitting to a standard clip on blade, but it was for the front wipers so it's the wrong way round. I've tried every parts place and auto factors and had no luck there.

So I gave up and went to Toyota and they've quoted me £25 for the blade and £5 for the locator jobbie that attaches to it (I mullered mine trying t get it to fit the halfords adaptor) does that seem resonable to you? cause to me that sounds quite expensive. Plus they can't get them in until the middle of May.

Does anyone know where I could get one from please? this is becoming the very definition of 'one of those jobs I never wish i'd started'
    thanks
    Last edited by oneidadan; 25 April 2008, 16:28.

Try www.roughtrax4x4.com I think I saw one on there
    I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

get yourself to roughtrax, in my opinion they cant be beaten

Comment

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=611
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

cheers guys, that's the bits i'm after. I'll give them a ring on Monday. I'll ask them but does anyone know if the screws that hold it on come with the wiper?

Comment

I just bought a blade from one of those sell everything cheap shops and spent ages (an allot of swearing) cutting and threading it. Works fine though - was only just over a £1.

Try one of the guys breaking a truck on here.
            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

its the same fitting as the older hilux pick up front wipers. I bought the kit from halfrauds 5 min job.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Working...
              X