ignition key lost HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition key lost HELP!!!

hi can anybody help my dear children have lost my one and only key my fault i guess should have got a spare cut when i still had it as a pattern. does anyone know if the key number is marked anywhere and if its possible to get one cut from this if not any other ideas.i was told they are marked on the ignition barrel but of course you need the key to get the barrel out dohh!

a good locksmith will be able to make a key but unfortunately good = expensive
    Toot! Toot!

Comment

hi thanks for reply wont they need key code or pattern?

Comment

apparently not, there's a guy here in Dundee that can make a key for the majority of cars from the lock alone, no idea how he does it but then if it was easy.....

and lets face it, the locks in the surf aren't exactly high tech.

have a look in the yellow pages under locksmiths
        Toot! Toot!

Comment

thanks again will ring around tomorrow ian

Comment

mornin

sharn't go down the "silly boy" route but there is some good news.

If the car is open take off the interior trim covering the boot lock. Shine a torch (or remove the lock itself) and there should be a four figure code (mine is 2 letters & 2 numbers) stamped of on the side of the lock

Take this code to a Toyota dealer & they will cut you a key - cost about £6.50 per key.

You could try a "Timsons" type of place but they might not have the keycodes.

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
            X