Suspension lift!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension lift!

I am In the process of purchasing uprated and lifted rear coils, I havn't decided which to buy yet as I thought I needed about a max of 2 inches lift. The measurement fom rim to wheelarch at the rear is only 11 inches yet 13 inches at the front!
    First point is that this seems excessively low at the rear even by surf standards,(although I have fitted a towbar) I had planned to level out the lift by slightly tweaking the front torsion bars.This appears to be unnecessary although i would have liked an overall lift over standard of about 2 inches!!
    I think i need coils that are a genuine 2 inches and not the ones that are about 1 1/2 inches that are about!
    Does anyone have a contact for these?
    Second point is reading some of the usa and oz forums, most recommend remounting the bpv bracket to accomodate the extra lift!(some even relocate the Panhard rod mounting but this seems a bit like overkill!)
    has anyone on the forum done this cos I guess the braking performance must be altered!
    p.s. I'm keeping the standard rear electric shox for now>
    Cheers
    Neil
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Forgot to say, Surf is 2nd gen kzn130

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
      Forgot to say, Surf is 2nd gen kzn130

Neil
      its easy to make a 2" bracket to lift the BPV arm 2" just bolt it to the panhard rod end, and then bolt the arm back on.

Like wise, I'd lower the body braket of the panhard rod 2" to keep the rod as flat as poss.

But both mods arn't that essential and people rarely bother. I didn't, the only thing that really needs altering is a small block underthe brake pipe splitter block on the axle, the rubber hose gets tight if the jack the rear up and lit the axle hang.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony

Might go for OME coils from Frog Island in Abingdon as they are supposed to be the Mutts Nuts! At least that what the guys from Oz think, they reckon they give the max lift as advertised compared to some others. downside is lotsa money!!

Any body else heard of balljoint spacers to raise the front without cranking the torsion bars!
        Apparantly our cousins over the pond in America use these a lot!
        Good idea if you are considering running big front lifts ,saves the cv joints and you keep the ride quality!!

Cheers
        Neil

Comment

Working...
        X