4 runner instument pod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 runner instument pod...

Hi guys.... I've looked but can't find any threads on this one so here goes... I've only had my Surf for a couple of weeks and I love it... However the one thing that is really starting to bug me is the odometre reading in kilometres... ( it is true .. when you get older you turn into your Dad...) Any how does anyone know if the u.k. spec ( in miles ) 4 runners instument pod is the same as a 2nd Gen surf... I've got a 94L 3ltr ssrx limited .. It would make my day if it was a straight swap... I've never been in a 4 runner and have no idea if the dash is like.... Cheers. Chris.

god knows,id guess the same,but change the dials,it is a bit of a pig but well worth it,and if u want my advice fit plasma dials,i did!(with help from a mate),yr welcome to have a look in the flesh....

Comment

The dial cluster will be the same, but somewhere around 1991-1992 the speedo changed from cable drive to electronic.
      If the speedo needle rests on a pin when at zero, then it's electronic. No pin then it's cable driven.
      You can buy stick-on MPH speedo faces from roughtrax, but the odometer will still click 'round in KMs.

Comment

if it's electric you could stick a km face back the speedo then do the convertor chip thing
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Hi Guys thanks to all that replied... Just one point to clear up.... are you saying that if I have a 94 L surf it should be electronic instruments... and if i get instruments fron a late (94'ish) 4 Runner they will be a stright swap and the speedo and odometer will read in mph and miles with out using a converter chip or any re wiring .. Sorry to seem thick.... Thanks again... Chris

Comment

Working...
          X