Id my fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id my fuel pump

Hi Guys - bit of a silly question but is there a way of id'ng my fuel pump without taking it off?
    I'm mostly lazy and don't have a garage so am looking for a short cut.
    because; I would love to get on the "veg oil gravy train" but having read the very informative posts on it I realise I'd need to be using a Bosch fuel pump as historically the lucas ones gum up.
    (am i right in thinking if it is bosch I can literally pour veg oil into my tank up to a 50/50 mix?)

thanks for any help & advice.

Steve.

My Surf - 1989 SSR limited 2.4 5dr diesel, manuel box, in metalic grey.
    Last edited by SURFSTEVE; 7 March 2008, 14:18. Reason: extra info

all the surfs fuel pumps are ok to runn veg and alot of us run a higher % of veg than that.You need to tell us what truck you have also as theres a couple of different pumps.Fill in your vehicle details in your profile then we know how to answer better
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by SURFSTEVE View Post
      Hi Guys - bit of a silly question but is there a way of id'ng my fuel pump without taking it off?
      I'm mostly lazy and don't have a garage so am looking for a short cut.
      because; I would love to get on the "veg oil gravy train" but having read the very informative posts on it I realise I'd need to be using a Bosch fuel pump as historically the lucas ones gum up.
      (am i right in thinking if it is bosch I can literally pour veg oil into my tank up to a 50/50 mix?)

thanks for any help & advice.

Steve.

Ah yes, a fine vehicle, and the best colour too.

You have the mechanical fuel pump ( non EFI), very, very expensive to replace, so better to refurb if required. Part no. 22100-5B-280

I run mine on anything from pure derv to about 80% veg oil, although the veg oil has aggrevated the leak on my pump, and so it will now require removing from the vehicle and all new seals putting in.

The leaking is a risk you run if you go down the veg oil route, but the potential savings outway the potential costs.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by SURFSTEVE View Post
        .............................. .............................. .............................. ....

Steve.

"Que?"

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          "Que?"
          I speak eeengleesh, I learrrn it frrom a booooook
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

"Manuel, there is too much butter, on those trays!"

"No no no signor, not on, those, trays,......... unos, dos, tres."

Comment

thank you Plumb Bob

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
              Ah yes, a fine vehicle, and the best colour too.

You have the mechanical fuel pump ( non EFI), very, very expensive to replace, so better to refurb if required. Part no. 22100-5B-280

I run mine on anything from pure derv to about 80% veg oil, although the veg oil has aggrevated the leak on my pump, and so it will now require removing from the vehicle and all new seals putting in.

The leaking is a risk you run if you go down the veg oil route, but the potential savings outway the potential costs.

Aha - I had a leak - got it fixed £60 cash + the kit from Milner(not bad I thought) - small garage has now folded
              So at my own risk I can use upto a 80% ratio, I think i'll wait until i've replaced my glow plugs (again).
              any suggestions for make of plugs - was thinking of going with genuine toyota this time.
              Glad our spanish members enjoyed the "box"
              Cheers
              Steve.

Comment

Working...
              X