fuel heaters for running on veg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel heaters for running on veg

Hi all been running on 50% veg oil mix for 2 weeks now done about 200 miles all seems ok but engine struggles when cold especially these last few weeks when its been frosty. The glow plugs seem to be working ok and i wait for the bong to turn it over engine starts but is lumpy for about 10 mins would a fuel heater cure this i have looked at a few types and found this one http://www.vow2.co.uk/Vow2E.htm Has any one got this type or any tried and tested suggestions?

Originally posted by marcj View Post
    Hi all been running on 50% veg oil mix for 2 weeks now done about 200 miles all seems ok but engine struggles when cold especially these last few weeks when its been frosty. The glow plugs seem to be working ok and i wait for the bong to turn it over engine starts but is lumpy for about 10 mins would a fuel heater cure this i have looked at a few types and found this one http://www.vow2.co.uk/Vow2E.htm Has any one got this type or any tried and tested suggestions?
    Several of us have got this

If you decide to get it a couple of tips

It may pay to get 2, 1 for each side of the fuel filter (at present I have mine BEFORE the filter).

Make sure you insist on 10mm pipe, it comes as standard with 6mm.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

lol
      love the english translation , im also running 50/50 in my truck ,
      so does this just aid the lumpy ness or does it mean i can run a higher % of veg oil???
      Scottish mud club

Comment

Originally posted by martyrsvr View Post
        lol
        love the english translation , im also running 50/50 in my truck ,
        so does this just aid the lumpy ness or does it mean i can run a higher % of veg oil???
        Hippo is still lumpy when cold, but she can handle the higher %s, well she hasn't complained so far

In fairness I am considering adding another heater AFTER the filter to see if the lumpiness problem improves.
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The nearer the pump you install it the better.

Comment

Mine's a little lumpy on the start up when cold, but I could do with new glow plugs. May put some lagging on fuel lines and tank to improve situation. Aside from that the heater works well
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
            X