heater matrix removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater matrix removal

Hi. when my head went the cab filled with steam and water poured into the footwells. I'm assuming that the back pressure has dammaged my heater matrix. I'm in the process of trying to get it out to check. I've removed the lower dash, radio etc and all the bolts I can see. But still can't get the heater box out. Does anyone know how? do I have to take out everything i.e the a/c, the hand brake, the upper dash? or maybe there is a way to test the matrix in the vehicle? Any ideas please? By the way the truck's a 92 2.4 cheers
    Last edited by julesj; 23 February 2008, 21:47.
    3xSurfer

There is no shortcut. You have to start from passenger side with the glove box then remove the blower fan, air con evaporator and then the heater matrix housing, disconnecting the pipes for the air con and heater at the firewall under bonnet before hand. Be prepared to replace the foam seals as they can turn todust. I replaced all mine with a high density better quality foam. It can be done without removing top of dash but is a huge job anyway.

Nev

Comment

Cheers, I figured it was tricky. Oh well I'll just have to go the long way round.
      3xSurfer

Comment

Working...
      X