Over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heating

Ok, my 92/3 Surf is over heating, had the head done so thats all ok, I was told that it could be the rad which is partially blocked, been flushed out as best we can. But, when normal driving theres no problem gauge is spot on, if I stat to tow anything of any weight, or stat to climb up the mountain passes with it, after about 3 miles the temp gauge starts to climb up to all hot and bothered rang, in other words when it gets under real load! So what do you all think is it the rad , or some other mystery thing. or is it just old and had it it's the 2.4 version, but the lump came out of a land cruser we were told, but she is getting on a bit.

Originally posted by normski26 View Post
    Ok, my 92/3 Surf is over heating, had the head done so thats all ok, I was told that it could be the rad which is partially blocked, been flushed out as best we can. But, when normal driving theres no problem gauge is spot on, if I stat to tow anything of any weight, or stat to climb up the mountain passes with it, after about 3 miles the temp gauge starts to climb up to all hot and bothered rang, in other words when it gets under real load! So what do you all think is it the rad , or some other mystery thing. or is it just old and had it it's the 2.4 version, but the lump came out of a land cruser we were told, but she is getting on a bit.
    It is probably the rad that is still part blocked, take the grill and bumper off and flush it or take rad right out and clean it. I never done this so nearly always had a problem with it over heating. Hope this helps......
    Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by normski26 View Post
      i had the same problem with my truck about a month ago i took the rad out flushed the rad fins for about an hour and now it is running sweet as a nut just make sure you burp the cooling system and had the heaters set to hot and you should not have any probs
      cheers shaun
      NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Working...
      X