Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Typsey Russell
    Wow, so it isn't just me then.

I have underslung AC with 2 fans. I will test the other fan to see if it does come on.

The reason I was asking is that I was thinking about adding an extra fan for cooling the radiator, but as it seems to have one already I might as well leave it.

Cheers everyone.

Typsey
    Typsey.

Rather than add extra fans, the main problem with the surf is remnoving hot air from the engine bay. The engine bay is so cramped that the air can get in but can't get out. I'm thinking of putting some bonnet vents in above the Turbo and the Inlet manifold (rear facing louvres) probably use some of the Scooby look alike ones. Alternatively might get one of those Pacet Bonnet fans that sit on top of the bonnet and suck out the air.

Cheers

Comment

Seems to be endless possibilities of fan configurations on Surfs & Runners!

My 1993 3.0L TD has a single aircon electric fan in front of the rad. How do I know- it kicks into action when you switch the aircon on. I've never heard it come for cooling the rad- but it might be dual purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
        Seems to be endless possibilities of fan configurations on Surfs & Runners!

My 1993 3.0L TD has a single aircon electric fan in front of the rad. How do I know- it kicks into action when you switch the aircon on. I've never heard it come for cooling the rad- but it might be dual purpose?
        ive never heard my rad fan come on either but it does work when i disconnect it below the cap
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          ive never heard my rad fan come on either but it does work when i disconnect it below the cap
          what beats me is why did they put a great big rad with 2 fans under the engine for the aircon, and the previous model to this and the model after dont have them, so how does the cooling work for the gas
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hmmm...

I was about to post to ask what the extra fan was for that I have just discovered bolted on the front of the rad and how/when it worked when I discovered this thread.

I have a 92 2.4 ssr-x
            There is an air-con rad slung underneath with two fans (electric I assume)
            On the main rad is the viscous fan on the engine plus a fan (electric) mounted on the front of the rad. (between the rad and front grille)

I'll have to check it tomorrow in the light to see if its working or not.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

the electric fan on the front of the vehicle can't be for the aircon.
              its controlled by temp switch near thermostat. aircon doesnt use external fan that is on front
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                the electric fan on the front of the vehicle can't be for the aircon.
                its controlled by temp switch near thermostat. aircon doesnt use external fan that is on front
                marky, it doesnt on yours but it does on the earlier surfs, yours are underneath
                [size=5][/size]

Comment

ian. i will have to have a look at weekend. thanks for info though
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X