Stevo I Need Your Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevo I Need Your Help!!!

Hi there mate i have been told to contact you as you are a mechanical genius i have this noise that i;m very very worried about....i have been told it could be just the excess air preassure from the turbo, well it's a long read mate and has baffled every mechanic going, this turbo chap tried to sell me this part that was 700 quid!!...no way when my truck has just been serviced and the service men did not even ask me about the noise, but it is realy bugging me now....here goes this is the problem.

i have been turning grey worrying about this problem that occured about 3 months ago.
    the reason i have been turning grey with worry is that i have been told it could be a part on my turbo that would cost me 150 quid to repair(that's if it can be repaired) and over 600 quid if it has shot it!

Now i have a Hilux Surf SSRX Limited 3.0TD 1994(M) plate, i have had this 4x4 for 1 and a half years, and it has done low milage, i had it serviced last year and booked it in for another one in a couple of weeks.
    This veichle is the best veichle i have ever had it is my pride and joy sounds and runs beautifully.

Now enough of the sentimental stuff!.....when i accelerate slowly and release the pedal completely it makes this scufing noise,or if i accelerate quickly at a low speed and release pedal the noise is slightly louder, it is not a grinding noise, it sounds like blowing air hitting something or a dog barking in the distance!.....(tighten your lip to make a o shape so your mouth looks like this "O" and blow quickly in short puffs through your bottom teeth.) there you have thats the noise....

Sorry for the weird stuff above but its the only way i can describe it, it's not realy loud, and is coming from the front and is realy worrying me as i don't have much money.

Can some one help

Oh forgot to say this noise dont happen if i accelertate and release the pedal going past 30mph, allso noticed that it don't do it alot when its cold.

Thanks again Regards Striker

Steve's contact details are on this page:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html

Comment

Working...
    X