Changing oil - sticky servicing thread question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing oil - sticky servicing thread question

I'm going to do a service on my 94 KZN130 with a 1KZ-TE 3.0TD engine. I've printed off the sticky thread on the general servicing info, but if someone could clarify a couple of bits for me please:

Rear diff. 1.9L API GL-5, SAE 90 (LSD oil if you have an LSD). As far as I'm aware I don't have an LSD, but how do I know?

Front diff. 2.2L API GL-5, SAE 75W-90. What's the difference between the rear and front oil?

Transfer box. 1.1L API GL-5 SAE 75W-90. Can I not just buy 6L of SAE 75W-90 for the rear, front, and transfer?

Thanks.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

re:changing oil

Hi Phorbiuz,

Was checking on similar myself as I recently bought an imported 94 3.0L TD Surf Manual (same engine). Check out www.care4cars.co.uk. According to them, on the 4Runner (no Surf listing, what a surprise!) both the front and rear diffs use Gear Oil EP 90 and the transfer box EP 80W-90. Looked at this way both diffs use the same oil. Don't know how accurate this is, but as it's Tetrosyl, I assume they know what the are talking about.

Ken
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by phorbiuz
      I'm going to do a service on my 94 KZN130 with a 1KZ-TE 3.0TD engine. I've printed off the sticky thread on the general servicing info, but if someone could clarify a couple of bits for me please:

Rear diff. 1.9L API GL-5, SAE 90 (LSD oil if you have an LSD). As far as I'm aware I don't have an LSD, but how do I know?
      There are several discussions regarding this item on the search facility. If I remember correctly you will see a sticker on the Rear Diff, which indicates that LSD Oil is to be used

Front diff. 2.2L API GL-5, SAE 75W-90. What's the difference between the rear and front oil?

Transfer box. 1.1L API GL-5 SAE 75W-90. Can I not just buy 6L of SAE 75W-90 for the rear, front, and transfer?

Thanks.
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X