overheating 2,4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating 2,4

ive got an 2.4 ssrx j reg AUTO i go for about 100 miles then all the water comes out the overflow pipe i think its the water pump would i be right and i get about 200 to 250 miles to a tank gas no more than that I NEED HELP

Originally posted by daxshooter
    ive got an 2.4 ssrx j reg AUTO i go for about 100 miles then all the water comes out the overflow pipe i think its the water pump would i be right and i get about 200 to 250 miles to a tank gas no more than that I NEED HELP

Could be a number off things, viscous fan not working, water pump, stat, air lock has moved or the dreaded head.
    Fan should be running all the time, on tick over you should be able to roll up a newspaper and stop the fan from turning. When the engines not on you should be able to turn the fan with slight resistance felt.
    If its an air lock you need to refill the system via the rad cap not the expansion bottle, fill up from cold start the engine for a minute or so with a good couple of revs now and then. Repeat until it won't take no more coolant and check it daily for a couple of days.
    To eliminate the stat you can remove it to see if the problems still persisits.
    Head, from a stone cold engine take the rad cap off and start it up if it pumps out water it could be the head (or stat if still fitted) only sure way to test the head is a pressure test.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Just to add to Koi's reply, you need to make sure there is no blockage in the radiator. If it was the head, you would know way before you'd gone 100 miles, but get to the bottom of it soon, as that is just the sort of problem that could result in a cracked head. First stop for me would be viscous fan, and get the rad out and get it flow checked.
      Pete

Comment

overheating 2.4

mine done the same chucked the water out of expansion bottle.
        i replaced the rad cap no problems of losing water since

Comment

Working...
        X