Bulb replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulb replacement?

I realize this will make me sound like a right thicko, but how the heck do you replace the front sidelight bulbs on a '96 185?

I lifted the bonnet thinking you could just reach in behind them .... no, theres a whopping great battery and a cold air intake box there.

So I thought, maybe you need to remove the side lamp unit first to gain access the the rear of it. So I proceeded to remove the retaining screw on the top that secures it to the headlamp, that was easy enough. But the sidelight was still stuck fast and would not budge!

Never thought I would need to ask this.........

How do I change the light bulb?
    Cheers,
    Sean

Sean

You are on the right track. The sidelight is held in by the screw at the top (which you already know about) and the ancient japanese art of defying gravity.

Here's the tecnie bit, once you have the screw out, smack the sidelight at the side (ajacent to the front wing) with a slight forward direction (sounds harder than it is) and the unit will pop out of the wing. it shouldn't go far as it's held by the wiring harness.

You have to give it a decent wallop so use your hand rather than a lump hammer and it will come out. Bulbs are capless type and availabloe from any factors

hope this helps

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Cheers hawaii, I'll give that one a try shortly and forthwith!

While I'm here, where could I buy a replacement side light lens after I break this one?
      Cheers,
      Sean

Comment

Working...
      X