New Rubber Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rubber Help!!

Im looking at getting some new rubber under ny surf as she seems to prefer to go sideways around corners in the wet, my surf is standard with no suspension mods or lifts (only that the front off side corner is 1 inch higher than the rest, not to sure why as its cold outside ) anyway will i be able to fit 31-10.5 R15 under her without causing any problems and what would be the best tyre to go for, im looking at either General Grabber AT2 or BFGoodrich AT KO

Any thoughts would be apreciated and any idea about the ride height being different on the two sides

Ps Standard wheels with 265x70x15 on at the moment
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

The tyres you have now are near-as-dammit the same as 31/10.5/15.
    31" tyres were a factory option anyway.

p.s. I have GG2s and they've been great!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...9&postcount=18

Comment

31x10.50s will fit just fine. Tyre choice depends on what it's gonna be used for, if it spends it's whole life on tarmac there's no point fitting mud tyres for example, the two you mentioned are fantastic allround tyres by most peoples standards, but they ain't cheap and they are still a compromise between road or offroad use, they don't perform outstandingly at either.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

after today my advice is get the bf's if you gona go offroad, grabbers suck
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Outstandingly.

Good word, I'll just write that down.

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
            after today my advice is get the bf's if you gona go offroad, grabbers suck
            No they don't they grip. It must be your driving technique John.

Comment

265/70/16 these are 29.5'' diameter whats the metric version of a 31/12/16 or close to

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                No they don't they grip. It must be your driving technique John.
                not at 1 mph on rock they dont, i was tip toeing over a rock section of road

Comment

Maybe you had a bad tyre then. I've done the Sarn Helen/Strata Florida in both directions on my GG2s and they've been fine. As has Mud-stud.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Maybe you had a bad tyre then. I've done the Sarn Helen/Strata Florida in both directions on my GG2s and they've been fine. As has Mud-stud.
                    reasons
                    1 mine are aw2's
                    2 they are only 7 mnths old
                    3 sarn helen is pussy compared to this place it made happy valley look like a walk in the park, (north wales slate)
                    4 wrong tyre to take off road

now its flat i can push a screwdriver through the side wall with ease

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
                      reasons
                      1 mine are aw2's
                      2 they are only 7 mnths old
                      3 sarn helen is pussy compared to this place it made happy valley look like a walk in the park, (north wales slate)
                      4 wrong tyre to take off road

now its flat i can push a screwdriver through the side wall with ease

Really?

We need confirmation from someone who has experienced both methinks.

Still reckon you had a c rap tyre. Try and stick a screwdriver in the others to make sure.

Comment

going back in the future so you can come along

btw you owe me 3 new tyres now as the others are now flat.

seriously tho the rocks i was on wernt the prob its just down to the wrong tyre for the job, maybe the GG2 are a lot better mine only cost 52 squid all in and are classed as all weather not all terrain, plus when balanced the tyre fitter commented on the fact they needed half a ton of lead to balance

Comment

Ok then what are your recomendations for mainly road usage (to work and back 10 mile round trip) im just getting into off roading so not to sure how often ill be going out.

At the moment i have ALKEN-PV LANDAIR/AT TRACTION on the front and YOKOHAMA SUPER DIGGER 815B on the back all with good tread on them and the pressure is good in them, but still not to hot around corners

Ps any one have any info on the ride height problem
                          Roy
                          When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0
                            Ok then what are your recomendations for mainly road usage (to work and back 10 mile round trip) im just getting into off roading so not to sure how often ill be going out.

At the moment i have ALKEN-PV LANDAIR/AT TRACTION on the front and YOKOHAMA SUPER DIGGER 815B on the back all with good tread on them and the pressure is good in them, but still not to hot around corners

Ps any one have any info on the ride height problem
                            I have BFG Long Trails on mine, as I drive it almost exclusively on road. They are very grippy and excellent in the wet. If you're having cornering issues, I would check the shocks first. I had three go on mine and it loved losing the back end at random intervals.

Comment

Insa Turbo Mountain - if you don't mind remoulds, i know some people don't like em. Bridgestone Dueller 694 if you want a 'new' tyre.

Which Falken's is it you've got, the Landair T110 looks like it should be a good road tyre.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X