Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant goes clear?

I use CarPlan Blue Star Anti Freeze.
    Noticed the coolant was clear! so mixed up a really strong mix for the winter and to compensate for whatever may be lurking in the front and rear heater matrix and pipes.

Couple of months have passed and had a look today and clear again? Engine is fine and runs cool and coolant smell/taste strong!

Problem?
    I use the same in other engines and it stays blue?
    Can there be a contaminant in the system? I know the colour is a dye but what is happening

I did do the head last year DEC 2006 and was wondering if the ####er who sold me the surf had put radweld in it? Does radweld do this?
    Last edited by toyotav84x4; 22 December 2007, 23:14.
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Originally posted by toyotav84x4
    I use CarPlan Blue Star Anti Freeze.
    Noticed the coolant was clear! so mixed up a really strong mix for the winter and to compensate for whatever may be lurking in the front and rear heater matrix and pipes.

Couple of months have passed and had a look today and clear again? Engine is fine and runs cool and coolant smell/taste strong!

Problem?
    I use the same in other engines and it stays blue?
    Can there be a contaminant in the system? I know the colour is a dye but what is happening

I did do the head last year DEC 2006 and was wondering if the ####er who sold me the surf had put radweld in it? Does radweld do this?
    Radweld tends to block rads and matrix's and waterways so i would say it aint that. Its prob just some corrosion somewhere. Is it actually clear or have you poored it out into a clear container to check. Also could be that if you didnt mix it before hand it could be havin trouble mixin. If its runnin fine and it aint freezin or boilin, turn a blind eye
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

When I poured it into a jam jar it was nearly clear. Slight blue tinge to it only.
      I can only think mixing issue as you suggest but that will be twice I did it wrong? Surely not me .....possibly.

As for the corrosion idea ....... Never do I want to hear this word. That would be just too fast. Blue to clear in a month or two would mean some serious eating wouldn't it?

Oh well ignore it as it runs great?

Comment

Originally posted by toyotav84x4
        When I poured it into a jam jar it was nearly clear. Slight blue tinge to it only.
        I can only think mixing issue as you suggest but that will be twice I did it wrong? Surely not me .....possibly.

As for the corrosion idea ....... Never do I want to hear this word. That would be just too fast. Blue to clear in a month or two would mean some serious eating wouldn't it?

Oh well ignore it as it runs great?
        Ignore it mate, or if you want peace of mind take it to a garage and sling em a couple of quid to do a coolant quality test, its just a wee tube you suck it into and it has a gauge, even better buy one from a factors and do it yourself.

But it aint freezing so it must be workin, and also if its clear corrosion wont be an issue as it would be browny colour
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

for real peace of mind i use toyota red coolant cos then i cant see the rusty hint

its fine fella
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

nice juice

Comment

Working...
              X