X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body lift, raised suspension help?

Right, no laughing please.

I'm new to this.

I've got a 1993 4Runner 3.0L V6 SR5 and want to know where to start to fix the bum sag and raise the body aswell.

What's the difference between raising the suspension/coils and lifting the body?

What's a good height to lift to? 2", 3", 4" is there such a thing as too much lift?

Do I need to fix the rear sag with stronger coil springs first?

Any help will be most appreciated and also if someone could recommend a good garage/mechanic to do it in the South?

Thanks
    J
    www.furyfighters.com (Advertising & Design)

Originally posted by Jabberwokki
    Right, no laughing please.

I'm new to this.

I've got a 1993 4Runner 3.0L V6 SR5 and want to know where to start to fix the bum sag and raise the body aswell.

What's the difference between raising the suspension/coils will push the axle down from the chassi and lifting the body? will lift the body up from the chassi

What's a good height to lift to? 2", 3", 4" is there such a thing as too much lift? 2" body lift and maybe 2" suspension

Do I need to fix the rear sag with stronger coil springs first?
    yes with +2" springs

Any help will be most appreciated and also if someone could recommend a good garage/mechanic to do it in the South?

Thanks
    J
    Hope this helps
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Thanks....

Can you recommend what +2' springs I should get to fix the rear sag?

How much will this cost to install, roughly.

thank you

Comment

Thanks....

Can you recommend what +2' springs I should get to fix the rear sag?

How much will this cost to install, roughly.

thank you
        this is a good place to start to cure saggy bottom syndrome http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=139&vid=376 or here http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm I'm not sure which would be the better of the two though as I've used neither, but I'm sure someone else will come along with a recomendation. good to see another surfer local to Poole, where abouts are you?
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Pretty much all points have been covered.

The roughtrax +2" springs are great, remember they return the suspension to stock height +2".

Sometimes people think they will just add 2" to the current ride height.

once the longer coils are fitted, the torsion bars can be adjusted to suit an give the truck +2" all round. Then a simple 2" body lift on top an you can run 33" tyres.

www.toyotahilux.com
          www.4crawler.com
          www.camskill.com

Check out those websites an have a good browse. the 4crawler one sells parts and has instructions on fitment etc!

Comment

Thanks guys, that's a big help.

I'm just moving to Sandbanks soon after our flat sale goes through, hence i'll have a little bit of money left over to sort all the mods on my truck.

Thanks again.

J

Comment

Thanks guys, that's a big help.

I'm just moving to Sandbanks soon after our flat sale goes through, hence i'll have a little bit of money left over to sort all the mods on my truck.

Thanks again.

J
              ooh sandbanks, someone's got cash lol.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
              X