MOT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Question

During the summer managed to break one of the brackets on the rear anti roll bar, then sheared the top stud off trying to change it. As the fuel tank was in the way ,I just gave up. Now with my limited knowledge of MOTs I recon it will fail with a broken bracket, and it looks as though it would be simpler to just remove the whole rear roll bar and I cant see how it would affect handling much. The question is would it pass its test with the roll bar removed. Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers Spoggle

Yes it,ll pass. Remove it completely
    Сви можемо

Comment

Cheers mate , so thats a job for the weekend to keep me away from Christmas shopping

Spoggle

Comment

Yup I can confirm that it will pass without, mine did as I removed it after doing my suspension lift when I found that one of the u shaped brackets on the axle was missing.
        Mind you the ride is somewhat interesting without the arb especially when cornering!

Comment

mine has failed 2 on broken brackets, pita as first time garage that failed it had spent many a drive with me listening to a clunk but never finding it.

Comment

Managed to find time to remove the arb last weekend, with much huffing and puffing and removing skin from knuckles. Why is it the last nut will never come off and I have to resort to the hack saw Have to say haven't noticed any difference in the cornering or ride, just have to wait and see what the MOT guy has to say now.

Spoggle

Comment

both my trucks had both arbs taken off and the tester knew they were on there when i bought the trucks and he said if they are not on there they cannot test them,its like having a spare tyre in the car for mot it has to be legal and if its not there it cant be tested
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
              X