Cab heater probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab heater probs

My cab heater is only blowing slightly warmer than outside air when slider is up to hot. I have checked cable is working, my engine temp is steady and same as ever, no coolant loss, no overheating. Aux temp gauge reading 91 deg most of the time,(pretty much as always)

Is this a stat fault or just cos its colder outside recently? I thought with engine temp being up to norm that wouldnt be the case.

Anyone experienced same?
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Up behind the glovebox is the blower motor and heater matrix housings and a cable operated flap with a piece of foam stuck to it, make sure the flap is fully open so that the blower can blow through the heater matrix.
    If you can, look at the foam covered flap while sliding the heater control from cold to hot to see if the flap is moving properly.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Up behind the glovebox is the blower motor and heater matrix housings and a cable operated flap with a piece of foam stuck to it, make sure the flap is fully open so that the blower can blow through the heater matrix.
      If you can, look at the foam covered flap while sliding the heater control from cold to hot to see if the flap is moving properly.
      Thanks vince Ill get me torch out mate, do i need to open any housings to see this or just remove glove box?
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
        Thanks vince Ill get me torch out mate, do i need to open any housings to see this or just remove glove box?

I can't remember if you need to remove the glovebox or not, but there is no need to open any of the housings, as you can see the square opening that the flap covers/uncovers.

Comment

Found the problem, all it was, was the return pipe from heat exchanger put pressure on matrix pipe and was kinking it, so it took path of least resistance and went through exchanger even when blowers open.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Was originaly going to post my thoughts on this issue, but decided to try telling you telepathically.
            Glad to see it worked!
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Well thanks for that, it did work, but its a shame your timin was bad as my glovebox is out and its all a big mess
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Well thanks for that, it did work, but its a shame your timin was bad as my glovebox is out and its all a big mess

Keeps you off the streets though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Keeps you off the streets though.
                  Yes and out the woods, incidentally found a really long forestry track today, and i am ashamed to say i fell foul of the mud, and have not cleaned it..... and im doin it again tommorow. The call of the mud club is so strong!!!! I cant decide
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

The call of the mud club is so strong!!!! I cant decide
                    Don't tell them all but i haven't cleaned mine after last weeks mud, and it's gonna be really muddy at woodlands tomorrow the weather we've had here recently
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Working...
                    X