Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight Squealing Noise

Folks,

I've got a slight squealing noise coming from the off side front of my surf. The noise is like brake squeal but not as loud, and isn't always affected by me pressing the brakes. Sometimes the tone seems to change when I'm braking, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm thinking it's the Bronze Bushes, but don't know what they sound like when they're gubbed.

What do you reckon it is? Bushes or the brakes binding a wee bit (and not working very well)?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by andy62
    Folks,

I've got a slight squealing noise coming from the off side front of my surf. The noise is like brake squeal but not as loud, and isn't always affected by me pressing the brakes. Sometimes the tone seems to change when I'm braking, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm thinking it's the Bronze Bushes, but don't know what they sound like when they're gubbed.

What do you reckon it is? Bushes or the brakes binding a wee bit (and not working very well)?
    Does your truck pull to one side under braking?
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
      Does your truck pull to one side under braking?
      Nope, brakes are cr4p, but it doesn't pull at all.

Comment

call me silly but fan belt loose>??

Comment

Wait until slight squeeling becomes loud s$$$$ing then investigate further
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
            call me silly but fan belt loose>??
            OK, You're silly...

Not that type of noise, definitely akin to brake squeal, but quieter.

Comment

OK, You're silly...

Not that type of noise, definitely akin to brake squeal, but quieter.
              Have you tried power washin brakes, to see if makes a difference
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Wait until slight squeeling becomes loud s$$$$ing then investigate further
                It's not worrying yet, just mildly annoying. Will leave it a wee while.

Comment

Or an alternative answer...

I'll wait until it becomes an S with 4 dollar signs and an ing before I worry any more then.

That's why I hate censorship! Thank god I don't live in S$$$$horpe!

Comment

No, not done anything yet. Will maybe rip a wheel off and have a glower next week. Could be something stuck behind a disc.

Comment

Or an alternative answer...

I'll wait until it becomes an S with 4 dollar signs and an ing before I worry any more then.

That'e why I hate censorship! Thank god I don't live in S$$$$horpe!
                      s c r a p i n g
                      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

s c r a p i n g
                        That was easier to work out than some! Got to go through all the expletives sometimes before I get one that fits!

Comment

Folks,

Wear indicators on the brake pads are touching the discs, re-new your brake pads.

Comment

That was easier to work out than some! Got to go through all the expletives sometimes before I get one that fits!
                            Yeah it defeAts the object cos instead of readin one swear word, you have to think of all of them
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Vince was right as i have noticed mine doing identical things yesterday and today investigated to find low pads and sensor touching. Pad change time me thinks.
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X