mechanical test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mud skipper
    thats the good bit its not my van financially and the boss has no intention in paying them after paying the original bill. will see what happens
    vans back now its booked in again coz its brakes are 50%less efficient to before all the probs plus it has a blow in the zorst and a water leak
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

vans back now its booked in again coz its brakes are 50%less efficient to before all the probs plus it has a blow in the zorst and a water leak

So it worked better before the garage had it then!

Comment

they woulnt say what the other fault was but i think its going to be along those lines (vacuum)
        John this may be a long shot ....
        Years ago when I was a Grease Monkey I had the very same thing on an BMC Austin 1800 (Fitted a New Servo under warranty)same symptoms as you describe with frenchie.
        Had to remove the Servo & adjust the servo rod, (attaches to Brake pedal) in order to give it some slack "freeplay" ... it's worth a try n Good Luck
        Hope this helps Mate !!

Jess

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          Are the brake lights on all the time?

Is it a mechanical defect with the foot pedal mechanism, ie jammed on?

I did suggest something along those lines earlier
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            I did suggest something along those lines earlier
            So Sorry I wasn't tryin to steal ya Thunder BOB .....
            I either didn't have me glasses on at the time or I didn't hear ya mate !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

forgot to update you all, not that anyone is interested, so here goes
              coz its a frenchy van the servo is on the nearside and the brake pedal is obviously on the drivers side, theres link rods traveling along the bulkhead as they pass through the bulkhead behind the servo there is a knuckle joint, that cannt be seen from inside the vehicle or from under the bonnet, anyway the bearing in the knuckle had seized, replaced now all sorted

Comment

water prob still there, thats got everone stumped, fill expansion bottle to the level and within 10 miles it will throw out 1.5 litres of fluid no more and no less, not bothered to top up for a 1000 miles and level not dropped any further,
                not my van not my prob but red warning light is doing my head in tempted to short it out but if engine blows i think i will have some answering to do to the boss......

Comment

water prob still there, thats got everone stumped, fill expansion bottle to the level and within 10 miles it will throw out 1.5 litres of fluid no more and no less, not bothered to top up for a 1000 miles and level not dropped any further,
                  not my van not my prob but red warning light is doing my head in tempted to short it out but if engine blows i think i will have some answering to do to the boss......

As you say John, not your van, not your problem. Just let the boss know about the warning light and see what he suggests. Untill then, just keep driving the van, if it spits the dummy out, not your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    As you say John, not your van, not your problem. Just let the boss know about the warning light and see what he suggests. Untill then, just keep driving the van, if it spits the dummy out, not your problem.
                    Hi Vince
                    boss knows all bout it(he pays for it)but coz its legal for the road and it still moves he is not interested

Comment

Working...
                    X