towball height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towball height

anyone know the designated height of the towball to floor cause i just fitted a towbar and it looks a bit higher than the fourtrack i had before
    All work and no play

Originally posted by Merlin
    anyone know the designated height of the towball to floor cause i just fitted a towbar and it looks a bit higher than the fourtrack i had before
    Just bought a Bradley tow/hitch & the blurb states...recomendation for the centre height of the towball or jaw should be 430mm + or - 35mm when towing vehicle in the laden position.
    So it's more to do with what you're towing & what the noseweight is.
    You can get a plate which has different height settings on it.
    My towbar seems high.....& if I hitch a small trailer on it makes no appreciable difference....but with the caravan...not too bad.
    It might be worth getting the height adjustable drawbar, but it'll be a bu**er off road
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Hi Merlin
      The height of a Bailey Pagent is 432mm= 17". That is a message I recived directly from Baileys help line. I asked the question about a month ago.
      The chassis type and wheel size are quite commonly use.

Hope this gives you some direction.

Geoff.
      Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
        Hi Merlin
        The height of a Bailey Pagent is 432mm= 17". That is a message I recived directly from Baileys help line. I asked the question about a month ago.
        The chassis type and wheel size are quite commonly use.

Hope this gives you some direction.

Geoff.
        thanx geoff
        All work and no play

Comment

towbar height

try these www.towsure.com drop plates are only £2.75 for the 3"and 5" multi drop plate or cheaper for single drop just got one myself good service. ady
          [B]keep on surf'in[/B]

Comment

ifor williams state a tow ball height of 17 "

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
              It might be worth getting the height adjustable drawbar, but it'll be a bu**er off road
              take it off for off road.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X