Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two tank conversion QUESTION

Hi I'm new to this forum.
    I'm currently working on my 2.4 1993 Hilux to install a 2 tank conversion so that I can run it on veggie oil. I'm already running it on about 60% oil without any trouble or changes to the engine but winter is coming so ....
    QUESTION - if anyone here has already done this, where did you put the secondary tank?
    I'm planning to use the main tank for oil and an additional smaller tank for the diesel (for start up and shut down/purge).
    Any advice much appreciated.

If your spare wheel is on the tailgate, then the extra tank can be fited under the floor. Other wise the tank will have to be fitted inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ifd66
      Hi I'm new to this forum.
      I'm currently working on my 2.4 1993 Hilux to install a 2 tank conversion so that I can run it on veggie oil. I'm already running it on about 60% oil without any trouble or changes to the engine but winter is coming so ....
      QUESTION - if anyone here has already done this, where did you put the secondary tank?
      I'm planning to use the main tank for oil and an additional smaller tank for the diesel (for start up and shut down/purge).
      Any advice much appreciated.
      Have a look at dieselveg.com they supplied me some of my gear, but i have plans for a diy job, winter will have a bearing on it but, if your switching, purging, then it wont have a bearing. Mine is coolant heated and electric heated near the pump. 2 mins into my journey i switch to 100% veg, and a little white spirits, and its fine, even in -5 degrees. Let me know if you want the plans or more advice

my secondary tank is in the boot, 20litre capacity, does me about a month or so.
      Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 5 October 2007, 13:02.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks for your help.
        The wheel is on the tailgate so thanks for the advice. And Lang-Skankit: if you I'd much appreciate seeing your DIY plans.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ifd66
          Thanks for your help.
          The wheel is on the tailgate so thanks for the advice. And Lang-Skankit: if you I'd much appreciate seeing your DIY plans.

Cheers
          Here you go, theyre very crude but the kit works well, i recommend putting in clear fule lines at the pump end from both tanks, that way you can put some colour in the fuel and you'll know whether it has purged properly by looking at it. After a couple of goes you'll know how lang it takes.

Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

There's several options on this page

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/body.htm
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Many thanks

Thanks for all the replies - many ideas to move the 2 tank project forward before the winter here in Japan sets in.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X