Hot left foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot left foot

Over the past 1/2 weeks i have noticed that my left foot seems to get hot quite quickly, i know the atf is due for a change but is there anything else that i should check for that might cause this ?

think thats quite normal , tuck mine up by the seat when it gets well done
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by horse_flesh
      Over the past 1/2 weeks i have noticed that my left foot seems to get hot quite quickly, i know the atf is due for a change but is there anything else that i should check for that might cause this ?

Possibly a missing heat shield from the exhaust downpipe, it's gets very hot there 'cos it comes straight out of the turbo.

Comment

If you look under the rear seat, you'll find one slipper (for right foot) and one open toed sandle (for left foot).

Standard Toyota equiptment for auto's.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

yea, i had read before on other post that i can get quite hot especially when towing and/or going up a long hill, but this just seems to have come on in the last few weeks

Comment

yea, i had read before on other post that i can get quite hot especially when towing and/or going up a long hill, but this just seems to have come on in the last few weeks
            it is probably like you said the atf needs changing
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Strange thing is that I've noticed the exact same thing has started to happen to me. It began only a few weeks ago. It's not massively hot, but my foot is noticeably warmer than usual. I had a quick look and the only thing in any proximity is the exhaust pipe. No signs of anything wrong, so I'll just see if it gets any worse.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                Strange thing is that I've noticed the exact same thing has started to happen to me. It began only a few weeks ago. It's not massively hot, but my foot is noticeably warmer than usual. I had a quick look and the only thing in any proximity is the exhaust pipe. No signs of anything wrong, so I'll just see if it gets any worse.
                2nd GENS have an oven under there for JACKET POTATOES
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

is it not part of the winter pack along with the two batteries

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    2nd GENS have an oven under there for JACKET POTATOES
                    Excellent, must remember to stick a couple in for my drive to work tomorrow. That should stave off the hunger pangs in the morning.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                    X