Nipple size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipple size?

I like a snappy title, grabs the attention, anyhoo, to business.

Are all grease nipples the same size, as I found my dads old grease gun, circa 1960, in working order, so will it fit the grease nipples on the uj's on the surf?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

You get bayonet type grease nipples and push on type, if the gun is a " push on" I would say it will fit.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

It looks like a pus on type to me, but will it fit various sizes, as for instance, the nipple on the new steering idler looks smaller then the ones on the UJ's, but I didn't want o buy a tub of grease to find the gun won't nfit the surf, and then have to bu new gun with special grease, coz old grease wont fit in new gun ( like computers and games etc) just my luck.
      Rob

Comment

Yes, there are different sizes. If the gun is that old it is probably for imperial sized nipples. I've one that I bought in the 70's and it will not make a tight enough fit to seal around the nipples on the Surf, so I've had to buy a new gun to do mine.
        Mike G

Comment

Cheers Tallyman, I guess I'll invest in a new one then, I know they ain't dear,but I'd hoped to put dads one to some use.

I saw one the ones that difflock sells for about £12 they look ok, or i'll check t'internet.
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X