Panhard rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SurfingNow
    how much do you extend the Panhard rod if you fit l/c spring?
    also does Bushwhacker still sell the fitting kit?
    if so is it still £40 + postage
    tanks
    If you plan on doing any real off-roading then I'd suggest getting an adjustable panhard rod rather than the drop kit. The forces exerted when off-roading are very high, and can rip stuff apart easily.

It's quite 'entertaining' driving a 2 ton Surf with a back axle that can drift from side to side because the panhard rod isn't properly secured. Trust me.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Mathematical rules like trigonometry CANNOT be wrong. You'll probably find where the errors creep in are due to pretty slack tolerances on Toyotas part. The attachment to the body to the attachment on the axle, and the axle itself make a triangle. They contain 180 degrees, always (in this universe anyway) so if you measure properly, the maths will be right.

I worked the angles out on my truck, and after measurement innaccuracy, the difference on (settled) LC springs worked out at ~8mm of shift. Even that would probably be less if the trailing arm bushes are good.

Dont dis pythagoras!!!
      yes i think i'me absolutely right, and thats why i used the 3,4,5 egyptian method like i said.
      Last edited by davemaxx; 8 September 2007, 00:41.

Comment

Working...
      X