Panhard rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhard rod

how much do you extend the Panhard rod if you fit l/c spring?
    also does Bushwhacker still sell the fitting kit?
    if so is it still £40 + postage
    tanks

£42 including postage

But yeah he still sells it! Im hopfully picking mine up in a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow
      how much do you extend the Panhard rod if you fit l/c spring?
      also does Bushwhacker still sell the fitting kit?
      if so is it still £40 + postage
      tanks
      On an otherwise stock surf, nothing at all. Or if you wanna be very anal, around 8mm. Do the maths.

Trigonometry - the engineers friend.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        On an otherwise stock surf, nothing at all. Or if you wanna be very anal, around 8mm. Do the maths.

dont listen to him he dont know $$$$ about trigo whatsisname. but hes also right.if you lift your surf using l/c springs and looking from the rear your axle is still pretty much central then your ok however if on the other hand you find that you axle is out of centre by an inch or two.you will need an adjustable panhard rod to correct it.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

And who makes them then,,,,,,MARK

Oh have some more hex bar for you
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            And who makes them then,,,,,,MARK

Oh have some more hex bar for you
            oooh nice one fella.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
              oooh nice one fella.
              About 18 inches
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

so anythin upto 1/2"would be ok to leave and live with then?

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow
                  so anythin upto 1/2"would be ok to leave and live with then?
                  yea it should be ok.whats half an inch between friends.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                    yea it should be ok.whats half an inch between friends.
                    CARRY ON ALERT CARRY ON ALERT
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Trigonometry - the engineers friend.[/quote]

AHHHHH BUT!!!

in my capacity as anal pedant,
                      if by using a hecke algebra you move from coordinate geometery,
                      to modular geometry,8mm could be construed as a fatal flaw in your supposition,
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                          AHHHHH BUT!!!

in my capacity as anal pedant,
                          if by using a hecke algebra you move from coordinate geometery,
                          to modular geometry,8mm could be construed as a fatal flaw in your supposition,[/QUOTE]

I'll have some of what you're on!

It's all about triangles, you dont need to get all intradimensional on me!!

Comment

i'd let the springs settle in for a week or two and then use a tape measure each side, and measure from chassie to tyre center. if it only needs extending by half inch, that means that when you look in the off side mirror you will see the back wheel sticking out an inch moor than it was beffor, even with wheel arch extensions, and then looking in the near side mirror it just looks odd and i couldn't live with it, it just seemed un holy, and for the sake of 40 or so quid and a bit of spannering you can put it right.
                            i don't know where the mentioned 8mm of rod extension comes from because i only lifted mine by 2" and had to lengthen by 12mm on a three quater full tank and a 25kilo sand bag in the back, the lc springs go up 3" i believe,
                            the maths and formulars allways look good on the black board or calculator,
                            but you put a tape measure by the truck and it'l be out,
                            ok the difference between 8mm and 12mm is only 4mm,
                            in my tool box that makes the maths and triginometery wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by davemaxx
                              i'd let the springs settle in for a week or two and then use a tape measure each side, and measure from chassie to tyre center. if it only needs extending by half inch, that means that when you look in the off side mirror you will see the back wheel sticking out an inch moor than it was beffor, even with wheel arch extensions, and then looking in the near side mirror it just looks odd and i couldn't live with it, it just seemed un holy, and for the sake of 40 or so quid and a bit of spannering you can put it right.
                              i don't know where the mentioned 8mm of rod extension comes from because i only lifted mine by 2" and had to lengthen by 12mm on a three quater full tank and a 25kilo sand bag in the back, the lc springs go up 3" i believe,
                              the maths and formulars allways look good on the black board or calculator,
                              but you put a tape measure by the truck and it'l be out,
                              ok the difference between 8mm and 12mm is only 4mm,
                              in my tool box that makes the maths and triginometery wrong.
                              Mathematical rules like trigonometry CANNOT be wrong. You'll probably find where the errors creep in are due to pretty slack tolerances on Toyotas part. The attachment to the body to the attachment on the axle, and the axle itself make a triangle. They contain 180 degrees, always (in this universe anyway) so if you measure properly, the maths will be right.

I worked the angles out on my truck, and after measurement innaccuracy, the difference on (settled) LC springs worked out at ~8mm of shift. Even that would probably be less if the trailing arm bushes are good.

Dont dis pythagoras!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X