Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen Aerial...wing removal???

Hey guys

Does anyone know if I need to remove the wing to get to my 3rd gen leccy aerial??? I'm guessing I do in which case is the wing easy to remove?

Cheers
    Mike
    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Are you after getting to the motor or just swapping out the mast ?.

Comment

Have got a whole unit available to swap over as the aerial on my current surf is a normal non-leccy one, so will need to swap the whole thing over.

If its a mojor job to do it then I aint that bothered....but if its an hour with a spanner then I dont mind

Comment

I replaced my electric aerial on my 3rd Gen last month. It's very straight forward. I changed the whole unit (motor & mast), if the motor is still working you can replace the mast only but the job is done in the same way.

www.toyotahilux.com sell the whole unit or the mast on it's own. I bought mine from a Toyota dealer as they were about the same price & of course it's a genuine part.

You need to remove the plastic inner wing. You can remove the fixing clips without damaging them so you can re-use them. Insert a small screw driver under the flat edge & find the little sprung bit & push it inwards & the clip will come out.

The pain part of the job is that you need to remove the front facia so you can unplug the cable from the back of the stereo.

Even if you are just replacing the mast you will probably still need to remove the whole unit as you will need to open the motor up to remove the mast gear tail, especially if it has snapped as you will need to make sure that it has all been removed.

Good Luck

Regards

Lewis

Comment

Thanks for that Lewis....will have a looksee today

Comment

Originally posted by miketilley
            Hey guys

Does anyone know if I need to remove the wing to get to my 3rd gen leccy aerial??? I'm guessing I do in which case is the wing easy to remove?

Cheers
            Mike
            Hiya, I was going to ask the same thing about my 2nd gen. Does mine even have an electric aerial? It feels like it is when I try to move it manually, but it doesn't try to move on it's own.

Thanks,
            Jay.

Oh, I just searched through other posts and found this from stormforce...
            "If you take the plastic liner from the wheel arch then you will see the aerial and the connector"
            So I guess that answers my question! hehehehe
            Last edited by maggotropolis; 10 September 2007, 14:47.

Comment

Working...
            X