driveshaft gaiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driveshaft gaiters

Hi, its barely been 2 years since I had my front cv joint gaiters replaced and they need doing again already. Not being keen on being relieved of another 150 quid I am thinking of having a go myself. So tonight I removed what looks like a grease cap on the hub, the centre bolt and nut on the end of the driveshaft, all 6 nuts bolts and cone washers (no probs) and then removed the large steel cap which covers the whole affair. That was as far as I dared go. What I would like to know is, if I disconnected the shaft at the inboard end does that then mean it will just drop out allowing me to replace the gaiters or is there more to it than that. Also there is a lot of play in the shaft/hub which I believe is all down to a bronze bearing but I can find no info on that part (price, how to fit etc) any help would be much appreciated as I am only 3 weeks from my mot. Many thanks in advance for any help.

I just bought universal glue up ones. Had them on for years trouble free on my peugeot, no disassembly needed
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i have recently done the inner gaitor on mine Phil and it looks like its easier to fit the outer gaitor from the inside of the shaft but thats if your doing the inners also
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi stormforce long time no speak. Unfortunately I will be doing all 4 of them but I will be buying from a different supplier this time.

Comment

Originally posted by phil1234
          Hi stormforce long time no speak. Unfortunately I will be doing all 4 of them but I will be buying from a different supplier this time.
          if you take the drive shaft from the box end off then you should be able to do both ends from that side i would of thought.If you want a hand next week then i can help you out if you want to show the way i done the inners.I got the circlip tool also for taking the spider off the end of the shaft also

Comment

Hi, thanks for the offer mate I might just have to take you up on that. Got to get the new gaiters first though. Just checked my inbox and received your email would like to go but cant say for sure at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by phil1234
              Hi, thanks for the offer mate I might just have to take you up on that. Got to get the new gaiters first though. Just checked my inbox and received your email would like to go but cant say for sure at the moment.
              if you do want to join us either day then give me a bell on 07974183876 and i'll give you directions.
              Just give a shout if you need a hand

Comment

Working...
              X