X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chuggy start up

92,2.4td auto ssrx
    had new head last week,new rad,glowplugs,fuse etc ££££ etc££££etc££££etc
    but it still chuggs,chucks out white smoke and sounds like it is running on 2 for 10-20 secs first thing in the morning.
    ran a bottle diesel treatment thought it on a near empty tank-no difference.
    noticed the egr is diconnected and the pipe bunged.

any idea's oh great surf guru's out there ??????????

It's your glow plugs.

Comment

before i changed the old plugs and blown fuse the glow light went out after 1/2 a second and it used to crank over for 20 secs before it fired.
      now it glow's for 3-4 seconds and fire's straight away but still chuggy and white smoke for 10-20 seconds so i aint so sure if it is the plugs ????????????

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        It's your glow plugs.

Yep, sounds like plug troubles. Have you checked the plug fuse see if its blown. Common problem is the assembly of the washers etc on the buzz bar assembly, get it wrong, blown fuse rough starting.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

any chance of a piccy of the plug/washer/bar assembly ??????

Comment

This is for the 3.0ltr

Comment

Originally posted by PabloO
              before i changed the old plugs and blown fuse the glow light went out after 1/2 a second and it used to crank over for 20 secs before it fired.
              now it glow's for 3-4 seconds and fire's straight away but still chuggy and white smoke for 10-20 seconds so i aint so sure if it is the plugs ????????????
              The light will come on for 1/2 second and then wait another 5 seconds or longer until you here the relay click,that's when you should turn it over.

If the light is now coming on for longer,this shows that you have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by PabloO
                cranking over for 20 seconds before it fired, something was wrong anyway, that does sound like the glow plug fuse had gone, if all the plugs are ok it will start before 1 turn of the engine, if its starting straight away now its better than before, although it sounds as if its only starting on 3 plugs, as andys says give it a little more time before you turn the key, if its no better i would check all the plugs to make sure they are ok
                [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

tried it first thing this morning,this time i waited until i heard the relay click after the light went out.and guess what ? it started sweet as anything on all 4 with no smoke !!!!!

thanks for the advice people

Comment

Working...
                  X