Rear Shocks Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Shocks Help please

Hay there guys, I've ordered some new gas shock for my H-reg 2.4 Surf. Need to replace them due to leaking oil

I've had a quick look at them but am a bit stick about how to remove them. The bottom bolt is easy enough but how it attached at the top is a mystery. Can anyone please give me a step by step guide or any tips / tricks to get them swaped over.

I've tried the search stuff but cant seem to find the info I need.

Many thanks in advice guys.

Darren

Originally posted by Harllequin
    Hay there guys, I've ordered some new gas shock for my H-reg 2.4 Surf. Need to replace them due to leaking oil

I've had a quick look at them but am a bit stick about how to remove them. The bottom bolt is easy enough but how it attached at the top is a mystery. Can anyone please give me a step by step guide or any tips / tricks to get them swaped over.

I've tried the search stuff but cant seem to find the info I need.

Many thanks in advice guys.

Darren
    its awkward and a bit fiddly but if you feel over the top of the chasis then there are 2 10mm bolts that have to be taken off to get to the main nut that holds the shock in place.If your not fittin adjustable shocks you will have to remove the cap thats held on with the 2 x 10mm bolts and tape the end of the wires to prevent water getting in
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ah, so it's another job where you could use an eyeball on the end of your finger

I'll have a go today getting them all slackened off ready for the new shockers coming on Tuesday.

Thanks for the reply storm, much appreciated!

Comment

The drivers side is the most awkard side to do as the fuel tank is in the way but overall its not too bad a job to do
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well thats it all preped for the new shocks coming.

Gave up working on the top bolts from the underside.

Cut 2 holes in the cab to gain access. Got sick of buggering about and not being able to get any force behind the ratchet.

Role on Tuesday night

Comment

Working...
          X